● Recipient, Summer Faculty Development Grant, “Queer History and the Possibilities of Purses, ” Virginia Wesleyan University, 2022
● Nominee, Best Educator in Hampton Roads, Outwire757 Readers’ Poll, 2019
● Recipient, Mednick Memorial Fellowship, Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges, 2016-2017
● Semi-Finalist, Nancy Weiss Malkiel Junior Faculty Fellowship, Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, 2016-2017
● Recipient, National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship, American Material Culture Summer Institute, Bard Graduate Center, Summer 2015.
● Recipient, Summer Faculty Development Grant, “The Prettiest Girl on Stage is a Man,” Virginia Wesleyan University, Summer 2014.
● Recipient, Innovative Teaching and Engaged Learning Grant, “Making Public History Matter,” Virginia Wesleyan University, 2014-2015.
● Offered, Postdoctoral Fellowship, Rutgers Center for Historical Analysis, 2011-2012, Declined.
● Recipient of Susan B. Anthony Dissertation Award for the most distinguished dissertation in women’s and/or gender studies, 2010.
● Recipient of Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship, University of Rochester, 2009-2010.
● Finalist in the Woodrow Wilson Women’s Studies National Fellowship Competition, 2009.
● Writing Across the Disciplines Teaching Fellow, College Writing Program, 2005- 2009.
● Awarded two research grants from Susan B. Anthony Institute for Gender Studies, 2006, 2008.